Toyota’s Response to the Coronavirus Crisis – Elmhurst Toyota Dealer
During this unprecedented time, we at Elmhurst Toyota wanted to let you know how Toyota is responding to the Coronavirus crisis. Toyota has been helping those in need by providing emergency relief and essential supplies. The company is also providing monetary donations and is producing face shields at a number of its North American facilities. Additionally, Toyota is working with medical device companies to speed up the manufacture of respirators, ventilators and other needed hospital devices.
Toyota has also taken steps to help curb the spread of the virus, including:
- Face Shields: Toyota has been producing 3D-printed face shields, with initial distribution targeted for MD Anderson in Houston, UT and Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Other hospitals to follow are located in Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan.
- Masks: Toyota is producing COVID-19 masks.
- Ventilators and Respirators: Toyota is working with companies that manufacture ventilators and respirators to help increase their capacity.
- Donations: Toyota has made substantial donations of masks, safety glasses, gloves, shoe covers, blankets and more. These donations have been targeted to first responders, emergency management teams and hospitals.
- Community and Business Partnering: Toyota continues to make monetary donations to the United Way, food banks, and other non-profit organizations dedicated to helping people in need. The company is also providing lectures, mentoring, and health and safety information for employees and their families.
To help customers, Toyota Financial Services (TFS) is providing payment relief options to those who have been affected by the Coronavirus. Customers who financed or leased through TFS may be able to take advantage of finance payment extensions or deferred lease payments. Provisions are being made to help customers who are at or close to the end of their lease and have been impacted by COVID-19.
For a complete list of donations by the Toyota companies, dealers and employees, visit https://toyota.us/2x6npdU.